Create a User account before installing pentaho
Windows User Account
• To install the Pentaho BA Suite on a computer that runs Windows, you do not need to create a special user account.
• Just make sure that you have the appropriate privileges needed to install software.
• Often, this means that you need administrative-level privileges for the account that you use to install the software
Linux User Account
• In the Terminal window, create a new user account called pentaho
• Assign a password for the pentaho
• Navigate to the pentaho directory to verify that it has been created
After you have prepared your environment, use the Wizard to install the Pentaho BA Suite.